Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 is one of the biggest smartphone by Samsung. The phone is recently launched. It has a massive 5.8-inch qHD TFT capacitive touch screen display with 960x540 pixels resolution. It runs on the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS. And powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor to ensure performance. A 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash with 1.9 MP front facing camera. It has 1.5 GB RAM and 8GB Internal Memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD. Even if its a biggy its quite slim at 9.0 mm and weighs 182 grams. And under the hood it has a 2600 mAh battery. The rooting and flashing CWM recovery is quite similar to other Samsung devices
1. Install the drivers on the PC properly.
2. Switch off the phone & boot into download mode by pressing (Volume Down +Home + Power) And connect your phone to PC.
3. Start the Odin v3.07 downloaded from above.
4. As you connect your device you should get a notification in Odin message box. Other wise re-install drivers.
5. Click on PDA & select the recovery.tar.md5 file.
6. Now click on start and wait till the process ends.
7. After the installation go to CWM recovery by pressing (Volume Up +Home +Power).
Now you have successfully flashed a Clockworkmod Touch recovery on your Galaxy Mega 5.8
Tip:- If you ever want to revert back to stock recovery than download the STOCK recovery and follow the same procedure
Rooting the Galaxy Mega 5.8
1. Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip from above and transfer it to your phone's SD card
2. Switch off the device and enter in CWM recovery by pressing (Volume Up +Home +Power).
3. Take a backup of your stock rom from Backup/Restore option for safety (you can skip this step)
4. Then choose install zip and then install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
Now as you reboot your device you will find a Superuser app in the app drawer that means you have successfully rooted the device.
Stay connected for more updates.
Copying and Editing the content without permissions is Not Allowed. If used then give proper Credits to us