Motorola launched the all new Motorola Moto X 2014 edition a successor to the last year's Moto X. The Moto X now boasts a 5.2 inch Full HD OLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top. It has a metal frame for a premium feel. Running on Android 4.4 KitKat it is promised to get Android L update. The phone packs the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad core processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. The camera is bumped upto 13MP and has a Ring LED flash that cover the camera and evenly lights the subject, the front facing camera is of 2MP. It comes with Moto Display which is enhanced version of Active display and also voice control and more features are included. It has four microphones for noise cancellation and infrared sensors on the front for gesture control. Motorola also launched Moto G Dual (2nd Gen.) in India.
Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen.) Specifications
● 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) OLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
● Android 4.4 KitKat upgradable to Android L
● 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
(MSM8974-AC) processor with Adreno 330 GPU
●2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory options
Moto Maker for select regions
● 13MP rear camera with dual LED Ring flash, f/2.25 aperture and 4K video recording support
● 2MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video recording
● 3G, WiFi 802.11a/g/b/n/ac (Dual band), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
● 3.5mm audio jack, Front-facing speaker
● 9.97 mm thick and weighs 144 grams
● 2300 mAh battery
The new Motorola Moto X is priced at $499.99 (~Rs. 30,200). It go on sale in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia starting later this month. Motorola will the the Moto X in India exclusively on Flipkart later this month but the company haven't announced the price yet.